08 July 2009

Start using the jQuery UI

JQuery UI

I highly recommended everyone using jQuery to use the jQuery UI. You can go to their homepage and download the file here. The current version is 1.7.2 which is the stable version.

I attach that file every time I make a website, even if I don't use the features. Yes, not the best of practices, but I use it almost on every website.

The jQuery UI are divided into 3 parts (mainly):

1) Interactions

  • Draggable
  • Droppable
  • Resizable
  • Selectable
  • Sortable

2) Widgets

  • Accordion
  • Datepicker
  • Dialog
  • Progressbar
  • Slider
  • Tabs

3) Effects

  • Effect
  • Show
  • Hide
  • Toggle
  • Color animation
  • Add class
  • Remove class
  • Toggle class
  • Switch class

I will be covering these in more depth in the future, but for now you should really start using it if you don't already. Especially once you get to the themes, you will be impressed.

Take care Tjorriemorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment